HOW we collect Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to,
- Information You Provide Us Directly: We may ask for certain information such as a User’s name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (collectively, “Personal Identification Information” or “PII”) when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
- Analytics Information: We may directly collect information, or we or our third party business partners may use analytic tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the service.
- Log File Information: We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we use collected information
Rocket Dog may collect and use Users’ Personal Identification Information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.? You should use caution whenever submitting information online.
Sharing your personal information
- Aggregated Demographic Information: We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Identification Information regarding Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties as needed for them to perform their functions.? We will use contractual or other means to protect Personal Identification information disclosed to such third parties.
- In the Event of a Business Change: If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
- As Required: We may disclose your Personal Identification Information to third parties to: (i) enforce or apply the Terms & Conditions or any applicable end user license agreement; (ii) comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials; (iii) protect our rights, reputation, safety and property, or that of our Users or others; (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; and/or (vi) investigation, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities.
We do not knowingly collect PII from individuals under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any PII through the Site.? If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received PII from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party sites and social media features
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or business partners.? While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use.? By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites.? It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use our Site.
california Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of PII the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year.? You may make one (1) request each year by emailing or writing us at the below contact information.?
European Economic Area Data Subject rights
If you are a natural person riding within the European Economic Area (“Data Subject”), the following additional rights as expressed under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 known as the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) are applicable to you.
- Provide you with information regarding whether we process your data, including any details related to such processing;
- Correct any inaccurate data we may have about you without undue delay;
- Complete any incomplete information that we may have about you;
- Under certain circumstances, erase your personal information without undue delay;
- Under certain circumstances, be restricted from processing your data;
- Under certain circumstances, furnish you with the personal data which you provide us within a structured commonly used and machine-readable format.
Where we process your information solely on the basis of your consent, Data Subjects have the right to withdraw consent to our processing at any time.? This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.? Data Subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with their data protection supervisory authority at any time.
The exercise of the above rights may be subject to certain conditions and we may require further information before we can respond to your request.?
Please be aware that the PII we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location.? If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your PII, you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
2000 Crow Canyon Place,?Suite 300
San Ramon, CA 94583